Countrywide Building Services Checklist
- Family owned business
- Servicing, regional and rural Victoria and Southern NSW
- Obligation free quotes
- All work fully guaranteed
- Registered Building Practitioner
- Fully Insured
- HIA Member
- Council permits supplied
- Engineer consultation and advice for more complex remedial work processes
- Investigative work, written reports where insurable events are identified as being responsible for foundation and other consequential damage
What are the signs that I need underpinning?
Common signs that your home may need underpinning:
- Cracking in brickwork and/or plaster
- Gaps between brickwork and plaster
- Gaps around windows and door frames
- Uneven floors
- Cracks in concrete slabs
- Difficulty opening and closing doors and windows
What are the signs that I need restumping?
Common signs that your home may need restumping::
- Continually cracking interior walls.
- Exterior cracking on brickwork.
- Uneven, sloping, and / or bowed or ‘soft’ floors
- Difficulty opening and closing doors and windows.
- Decay / rotting of stumps beneath the house
- Age of house. If the house was built prior to 1970, then there is a good chance it will be due for restumping soon.
- Restumping - houses, schools, community halls, sheds etc raised, levelled & restumped.
- Underpinning - cracked brickwork, foundations raised and levelled.
- Reinstatement / Construction of new verandahs and decks.
- Sub Floor Inspections.
- Insurance Work - initial investigations and negotiations with Insurers.